Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Do You Know How To Back Up or Clone Your Computer?

Backing up your personal files can be very important so you won't lose your personal data.  There are several ways of creating back ups-- be it on local medium or the in the cloud.  But, what if you want to go beyond that?  I have been wondering for a while on how to back up my whole computer.  Meaning everything. I like how my programs run, I like how I have my drives are set up; and the way I can flow during work. And right now, I don't ever want it to change.  

I was searching on ways of doing that and it turns out "cloning" my own system might be the way. Cloning is the process of making an exact copy of your computer as it is at the time of the clone.  So, if your computer went down, theoretically you could insert the drive into your computer and keep working just as if nothing happened. During my search for answers, I ran across a YouTube channel called

Ask Your Computer Guy, and it is awesome.



The computer tech, Scott Merrill, is an excellent explainer-in-chief and was able to talk about the process as well as walk us through on how to do it.  The video is called, How to clone a hard drive—Easy step by step walk thru.  This and other vides by Scott are very helpful if you are interested in learning more about how to maintain your computer or manage technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!