Sunday, July 14, 2024

God is Not a Man... Numbers 23:19



 "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said and shall he not do it? Or, hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?"

~Numbers 23:19


[Repost of my WordPress Blog May 6, 2021]

It's been a while since I've written any inspirational notes or encouragements here.  I think about them a lot-- internally, but just haven't put anything down.

Today, I have something for you to think about from Numbers 23:19.  "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said and shall he not do it? Or, hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?"  …Awesome-- in so many ways.  But the long and short of it all, I believe, is that God (YHWH) is saying, I'm different.

For a while now, a concept keeps coming back to me that is based on scripture found in John, Chapter 1:1.  "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  The same was in the beginning with God." My conclusion … God. Is. Word. 

I’m certain others have come to that conclusion too but, it didn't become real to me, and an actual epiphany, until it solved several concerns I had with religion and religious symbolism.  Like: The white Jesus, The black Jesus, The Jesus walking on the water, the Jesus hanging on the cross, The Jesus toting the cross, the Jesus with the thorny crown, the Jesus at the last supper…  etc.  All of them seemed to be focused on the  image, rather than the acts the images represented through expanded verse.  And I know they say 'a picture is worth a thousand words', but isn't it curious to you that God  says in Exodus 20, "don't make any Images…"?  He probably knew that they would be a source of confusion and further division among the saints.  But I digress… we'll talk more about that aspect later.

Today's inspiring thought, boys and girls, is how we should confidently read and accept God as Word. As Bond.  He is not a man that he should lie.  If we believe and trust Him; He'll become larger than our problems and concerns and change the trajectory of our lives. God is different.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!