Monday, July 8, 2024

Learning How to Be ‘Always Ready’ [a different take on an old post]



During my military days, I was once assigned to a unit who had a motto of, “Always Ready”. (Tish was cool as hell when everyone snapped to attention and yelled it out-- …was a lil bit corny tho…) It was a training unit and I believe the ethos behind it was that, as an individual and collective as a unit; we should always be ready to contribute to the accomplishment of the mission.

Therefore, being mentally, and physically prepared and present were essential in meeting goals.  Even during personal crisis, you had a contribution to make.  Now, I wished I learned how to totally apply that to my overall life.  I was great at compartmentalizing as I think many were.  It helped me to

displace and set aside the private side of my life to accomplish things on the ‘Soldier’ side.

In reflection, incorporating my entire self might have worked better for me.  For some, separating ‘work life’ from ‘personal/home life’ might work great… but that shit doesn’t work for everybody.  I think I’ll go more into depth about in an eBook, but for now we’ll keep pushing on the concept. (You know I like to keep my posts close to 300 words or less.)

So, the question is, How Do You Become Always Ready? I can say for me, learning about myself helped a lot.  Getting proper rest and exercise also helped.  The last thing I’ll mention here is motivation.  Some people are givers.  If you are one, learn to give that same energy you are willing to give to the job, to yourself--and your people.  Doing so might put you on the path to finding happiness.

I hope this helps!  Visit my site often!!

I’m working on a few eBooks as extensions about various topics I’ve posted on! πŸ˜‰

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!