Wednesday, June 12, 2024

The Red Delicious [Apple] is My Friend

 

[Repost for a previous blog of October 3, 2016]

Simply put, I like Red Delicious Apples because they make me feel good.  I usually eat apples on and off throughout the year.  But, in particular around this time of year …and spring time I usually like to eat them because they help open my clogged nasal passages and sniffles.

I’ve often felt that there were a lot of health benefits to eating apples and believed that there was some truth to the axiom “An apple a day keeps the doctors away”.  So, I stopped being lazy and decided to actually do a little research.

On the FoodNavigator.com site, I saw an article called Red Delicious apples packed with disease fighting antioxidants.  It contained a lot of information about the Red Delicious Apple.  I was even surprised to find out that along with the antioxidant activity that can

inhibit the growth of cancer cells, a single apple can contain the equivalent to about 1500 mg of Vitamin C.

Another site, WHFoods.org, in their article called, What’s New and Beneficial About Apples,  they mention how that the phytonutrients in apples can help regulate blood sugar.  It also talks about how different components of the apply synergize or work together to provide more of a health benefit than each part individually.  The article goes on to list other benefits and things you might also find surprising and interesting.  Take some time.  Read more about the foods you eat so you can make more informed decisions about your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!