Friday, August 9, 2024

Listen Closely-- People Can Vote for Who They Want


 



[Reprint and edit of my WordPress post of September 18, 2020]

It’s that time again. Democrats are starting to blame other people for their failures, and possibly the ones coming in November. So, I’m here to give my opinion on the matter.  I’m here for that.  But first, a few housekeeping notes.

  1. In my opinion, Republicans are low grade criminals. They should all be voted out and all of them should be held accountable for disastrous policies that the nation currently operates under.
  2. Democrats are also liable. They try to give the appearance of operating above board but have criminal tendencies as well.
  3. I am a non-affiliate voter and am an astute observer of the process. And, what I have observed so far, I don’t like.

I don’t like

the fact that when I look back at history since 1776 until now, the nation hasn’t made the progress we should have made over 100’s of years.

I don’t like the fact that, for a nation to be so “rich” and “powerful” a great deal of the American people are living in impoverished conditions.  And lastly, I don’t like how people take advantage of others without thought.  We vote to send representatives to work for us in Washington, D.C., and they get there and do everything but that!

Having said all that.  I say again, people can vote for who they want. They should be able to go to the voting booth and select candidates who best represent their interests.  Everything from healthcare, to education, to utilities should be considered in that process—and not a damn thing should be said about it by anyone.

In times past, Ralph Nader, Jill Stein and yes, Bernie Sanders, have all been blamed for failures of the Democratic party to legitimately be able to get a sufficient amount of voters to support their candidate enough to put them in office.  They will try the blame game again this time too, I would imagine.

I’m here to say, it’s the candidate’s fault for doing a piss poor job in applying for the job.  You as a supporter, and they, need to do better at motivating the millions of voters who didn’t vote to come out and support them.  One of your main problems is that, only around 30ish % of Americans identify with your party. The majority do not. And when you exclude them in your primary or don’t listen to what the people want, then you’re going to keep losing.

Instead of effing with people who are trying to vote for the candidate of their choice, a better use of time for supporters of candidates, and candidates themselves, is to educate people about their own policies and what they are going to do to make the lives of voters better.  Anything outside of that, you’re doing too much. Again, I believe there is no such thing as a wasted vote; unless you don't vote at all.  So everybody just chill.  Make sure the system is fair, choose your candidates, and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!