Friday, March 22, 2024

3 Things to Consider Concerning Your Business Plan

 

image of strategy tree for business plan


I was going through some papers and discovered one of my old business plans I wrote years ago as an assignment for a class I was taking.  It was interesting to see and I considered the following thoughts.

 

1.       Your business plan should be a guide and roadmap to keep you on track. 

I was surprised to see that some of the things I had written back then, were part of the services I offer now!  I don’t know if it was something intentional back then because I was in the military. But what if I took the time and made it intentional?  Who knows what difference that would have made!  Start today. 

 Make the moves you make for your life and your business intentional. It doesn’t have to be anything grand; you can start with something as simple as deciding to look at your calendar on a daily basis. That could plant the seed of getting organized. Then, add looking at your business plan daily, seeing it may help you focus on activities that will put things in motion. That brings us to the next thought.

2.       Your business plan should be part of your visualization strategy.

A definition of visualization is “the formation of a mental image of something”.  When you look at, or through your business plan--be it daily or some other span of time, it will help you create that mental image of the business; and how you want it to exist. There is a verse (Habakkuk 2:2-3) that says, “And the Lord [Word] answered me and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it…”.  Now, I don’t believe you are supposed to put your plan out there for everybody to see.  But it definitely should be shared with those who are close to you, and you know want to see you succeed. 

3.       You should consider making your business plan an eBook. 

And what better way to share than with an eBook!  Yes, make that business plan an eBook.  It’s probably already in an electronic text format.  Just tinker it a bit to make it easy to read and navigate.  That way you can read it over and over and over with ease; and skip to the parts you wat to focus on in any given time.

Well, I hope this helps!  Remember.  Your business plan can be a living document. I think it should be.  You can visit it often to make adjustments and corrections as you consider where you are now; and where you want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!