Third Party Ads / Google AdSense

Third Party Ads / Google AdSense

Articles, ads, and other content are intended for mature reading audience.

Let’s Talk about the GTA Leaks

 

Image made with ChatGPT: "Leaked Game Info"

Byline: Diamondnzeruff: Author, writer, gamer and content creator.

 

By now I’m sure everyone has heard about the hacker “Cyberleek” leaking Grand Theft Auto VI (GTA 6) content; but if you haven't here's the timeline.  On August 18th (my momma’s birthday!) Cyberleek released video footage of gameplay (the protagonist playing basketball and driving a car) and a picture of the full map of GTA 6. On their website there was a manifesto that had 3 demands of Rockstar Games:

 

  1. “Thou shall not sell digital preorders.  No consumer shall pay for a game through digital storefronts before release and independent review. Physical preorders for tangible media remain permitted”
  2. “Thou shall not sell fake single-player DLC. No publisher shall sell access to single player content already present in the base game files the consumer purchased” Basically, don't lock content behind a paywall.
  3. “Thou shalt preserve single-player content. Any game featuring single-player content must include an offline fallback state. When server support ends the publisher must release a final patch that unlocks all single-player content for local, indefinite play”. No shutting down the servers, offline play should be available since we purchased the WHOLE game! 

Then, on Aug 19 they uploaded gameplay of someone using a taser and a few seconds of a cutscene. Then again, some knife combat.

On August 20th, they released plane gameplay as well as the protagonist shooting the word “LEEK” into a wall.

And on August 21 there was a video showing supercar gameplay.

 There were reports of the hacker having a “dead man’s switch” so if he was caught it would release the entire game (tho--that image has been shown to be fake) 

If this is real and the hacker does have the entire game and releases it, I don't feel bad in the least. These leaks are coming after

PlayStation announced that they will end physical copies of games as well as SONY sending out an email stating that when we buy a game, we do not own the license we are basically only renting it! And they did this the DAY BEFORE the blackout --the week-long protest of PlayStation users --to show our anger with [them] getting rid of physical copies. They have shown us time and time again that they don’t care, and you know what? It’s partially our fault. We sat there and PREORDERED a DIGITAL GAME, months in advance!!! Like the sheep we are. 

I told y’all that it's going to take a BIG game release …and NONE of us buying it-- in order for real change to happen. They will not listen to us individually.

But you want to know what I really believe? That these leaks are a media tactic to get people talking about GTA 6 again. Yes, it’s already the biggest game of the decade.

Never underestimate the power of greed though! I wouldn’t put it past anyone to do this; let alone a company that teased you about releasing a game for damn near a decade.

I am not a GTA fan. I actually won’t be playing the game; I’ll be playing the barbie game on release day! But I understand the hype behind the game. I am even interested in watching people play it. So don’t think that companies won’t use that hype to make even MORE money off you.

I’m not saying they did it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did… (just like how I feel that scalpers are secretly employees of the companies hired to buy all the stock and raise prices so they can collect more money!!!! Conspiracy!!!”

  

Sources Used for article:

 TechPowerup “Commandments” Post

 Kotaku’s “Group Behind GTA Demands End to Digital Pre-Orders” Post

 IGN’s “Updated GTA 6 Leaks…” Post

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!