![]() |
| Image created with ChatGPT: "Greed Monster Thingy" |
Byline: Diamondnzeruff: Author, writer, gamer and content creator.
Imagine: You’re at the end of a boss fight. Maybe one that’s taken you days, or weeks; even (Radagon took me a year). Then, when you finally finish [and] hit proceed [you're] taken directly to an IN-GAME AD! ... getting your ass beat for weeks has been brought to you by "Brunhilde’s Backflip, sign up today!”
Disgusting right? You’ve just spent game blood, sweat and tears and possibly a few controllers to immediately be hit with a fucking ad. Sounds insane right? No LOGICAL company that loves gamers and wants to KEEP gamers happy would want to do something ridiculously greedy. Right?!
WRONG!
Because we’re in the evil timeline. It's been reported that Microsoft has decided to file a patent for
in-game ads that could be shown during loading screen, after a cutscene and after a boss fight.DO THEY NOT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY?! WHAT IS IT?! WHAT IS IT WITH THESE BILLION AND TRILLION DOLLAR COMPANIES THAT WANT TO CONTINUE TO RIP AND TEAR EVERY DAMN DIME FROM US?!!?!?!
I know it's not just Microsoft. We just spent a few weeks talking shit (and meaning it) about Sony’s greedy practices and though I’ve apologized to Nintendo for NOW... I’ll still never forget their greed as well.
I just don't get it. How much money do you
need?! Microsoft, you're worth 3.7 TRILLION
dollars. That’s almost 4 THOUSAND, BILLIONS. You could set a TRILLION
aside for anything you need to create; (games, [hire] developers, studios, marketing, etc.) and still have 3 THOUSAND, BILLIONS LEFT!!!
So I don't get it. I don't understand where
this greed comes from, I mean I’m no Christian but this is damn near the greed
they talk about in the bible! How much more ad revenue do you need? How much
more MONEY will it TAKE ? At this point I don’t know what it’s going to take to
get through to these people that they don’t need more. Are they Smaug
reincarnated?
And I understand that it’s not just gaming, I've watched the healthcare system steal every penny from dying people. The animal industry, killing and poisoning dogs. The food industry, cars, planes, boats, television, movies, clothing! You name it, greed has TAINTED it.
It wouldn't be enough for a few of us to boycott anymore. It’s going to take everyone saying fuck you to big gaming companies forever and I don’t even know if that’ll help.
Someone call Batman!!
Actually, call Darkseid
Reference Material:

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your thoughts!