Sunday, April 7, 2024

Become Aware of Who Represents You—A Hint to Researching








A lot of information isn’t as hard to locate as you might think.  If you are interested in finding out who your politicians and representatives are for you specifically, start with your county’s web site.  As I looked through the website of the city where I currently reside, I located a “Directory” page which contained not only the main local contacts, but they also had links to county, state, and federal representatives.  Your city might have the same.  You can start by doing a google search on your location by typing in the “Name and State” of the city you live in.  From the results, look for websites that end in the extensions of “.gov, .us, or maybe .org”.  Those are normally the official information sites of most governmental organizations.

If all else fails, you can also do a Google word search using the term “who represents me?”.  When I did that, the results showed suggestions based on where it thought my geo-location was, and prior Google searches I had performed, indicating both local and national relative websites.

Happy searching!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!